Jeep® India launches the iconic Grand Cherokee at an introductory price of ₹ 77.5 Lakh (EX–SHOWROOM)
- The fifth generation of the most awarded SUV is built on a brand-new architecture making the all-new Grand Cherokee more efficient with world-class craftsmanship
- Equipped with updated tech and connectivity features the new Jeep SUV will offer 33 connected features and first in segment 25 inch (26 cm ) passenger screen
- Staying true to the authentic Jeep DNA, the Quadra-Trac 4X4 system and Selec-Terrain™ offers unmatched on-road and off-road capability
- Over 110 advanced safety and security features, including Active Driving Assistance System (ADAS), 8 airbags, 360-degree surround view, Drowsy driver detection, 3 Point seatbelt and Occupant Detection for all 5 passengers
- Powered by the 2 L Turbo Petrol engine coupled with 8 speed automatic transmission delivers 272 HP and 400 NM of torque. The all-new Grand Cherokee offers superior ride and handling thanks to the new virtual ball-joint front and Multi-link rear suspension
- The all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee is available through select Jeep dealerships, with deliveries starting by the end of the month
Mumbai, 17th November 2022: The Jeep® brand introduced the all-new Grand Cherokee by recreating the iconic moment when the SUV has launched 30 years ago, driving through a glass window at an Auto show in Detroit. Since then, the Grand Cherokee has set an industry benchmark and quickly became synonymous with upscale design and uncompromised capability. Today, the 5th generation of the iconic nameplate continues to build on its legacy as the most awarded SUV ever, with its all- new exterior and interior design, world-class craftsmanship and first-to-market technologies.
Commenting on the launch of the all-new Grand Cherokee in India, Roland Bouchara, CEO and Managing Director, Stellantis India, said, “As promised, the Jeep Grand Cherokee is the fourth model to be Made in India. With the all-new Grand Cherokee, adventure lovers will have a distinctive blend of luxury, fortified with segment best features, innovative technology, and composed driving dynamics elevating the brand position to the luxury segment.”
The Jeep Grand Cherokee has been designed and engineered to deliver even more of what has made the SUV a true global icon in the premium segment, including legendary capability, class-leading space, innovative technology, versatility, and advanced safety features.
Nipun J. Mahajan, Head of Jeep Brand India, added, “The Jeep Grand Cherokee is our global flagship and offers new level of luxury, safety, technology and comfort. The all-new Grand Cherokee is the epitome of prestige & panache to our unique, enthusiastic and growing customer base who accept nothing short of the best.”
Setting the standard
After more than 7 million global sales, the most acclaimed SUV ever continues to set the standard among all SUVs. The newly introduced Grand Cherokee is based on an entirely new architecture and has been meticulously designed and engineered to deliver unrivalled performance both on and off the road.
- The all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee is designed to meet the growing needs of Jeep customers who have asked for more space, versatility, and functionality, maximizing overall passenger comfort by creating generous interior room and gives passengers expansive, class-leading legroom in the second row.
- More than 110 advanced safety and security features, including Active Driving Assistance System(ADAS), 360-Degree Surround View, Drowsy Driver Detection, 3 Point seatbelt and Occupant Detection for all 5
- 73% of the body is made from high strength & advanced high strength
- Equipped with the award-winning 10.1 inch Uconnect 5 infotainment system, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, the all-new Grand Cherokee features segment-leading technologies include a 10-inch windshield Heads Up Display, digital rear view mirror and a segment first 25 inch passenger screen.
- Features handcrafted materials and modern amenities, resulting in the most luxurious Grand Cherokee ever. The front panel features new slim HVAC vents, a realigned center stack for greater driver The all-new Jeep seating architecture features a length adjustable cushion for the front row passengers. The new 8-way adjustable front seats have power lumbar and memory. Heated/vented seats are available in first two rows, with three-level configurable controls.
- The center console layout now has updated switches, more storage space in the front bin that can hold two wireless devices and a wireless
- The state-of-the-art Grand Cherokee is designed inside and out to deliver unmatched capability and composed driving dynamics. Its renowned 4x4 Quadra-Trac system and Selec- Terrain™ traction management system instils the Grand Cherokee with the Jeep brand’s legendary 4x4
- Another noteworthy provision is the new Jeep SUV’s ability to automatically switch to four- wheel drive mode whenever the system detects the The famed 4x4 Quadra-Trac system includes an active transfer case that transfers torque to the wheel with the most grip to enhance traction.
- The SUV offers class-leading 215 mm of ground clearance and 533mm of water fording
- The Jeep Grand Cherokee offers 33 connectivity features including 24X7 Dedicated Assistance, Remote Vehicle Management, Monitor Vehicle Parameters, Navigation & Connected Traffic & Travel, 24-hour surveillance & Automatic Crash/ Breakdown detection
The all-new architecture and sculpted aerodynamic body style & active grille shutters combine to improve vehicle performance, safety and reliability, while significantly reducing vehicle weight, noise, vibration and harshness. Designed to maximize overall passenger safety, comfort and convenience, Grand Cherokee packs a powerful punch with next generation features and technologies that make it a standout in the full-size SUV segment.
The new Jeep Grand Cherokee is now available at select Jeep dealerships across India with deliveries starting by the end of the month
Built on 80 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV with capability, craftsmanship, and versatility for people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep® brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a full line of vehicles that continue to provide owners with a sense of security to handle any journey with confidence. Jeep® Wave, a premium owner loyalty and customer care program that is available to the entire Jeep line-up, is filled with benefits and exclusive perks to deliver Jeep owners the utmost care and dedicated 24/7 support.
In India, the Jeep vehicle line-up consists of the Wrangler, Compass, Meridian, and soon-to-be-launched Grand Cherokee. India is the first country for Jeep outside of North America to make 4 models locally and also for exports to other right-hand drive markets around the world Jeep is part of the portfolio of brands offered by leading global automaker and mobility provider Stellantis.
For more information regarding Stellantis (NYSE: STLA), please visit www.stellantis.com
For further information, contact:
Sabyasachi Ghosh | Head of PR and Communications, Jeep & Stellantis India | M: 9677143453 |E: email@example.com
Netra Desai | Account Director, Concept Public Relations M: 96193 99478 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Engine and Transmission
The 5th generation Grand Cherokee comes powered by a fuel-efficient 2.0-litre I-4 twin-scroll turbocharger gasoline engine that belts out 268 HP and 400 NM of torque at 3000 r/min. The engine is paired to an 8-speed automatic transmission. This 2.0-litre I-4 engine is part of the Global Medium Engine architecture family and features double overhead camshafts (DOHC), dual independent camshaft timing, and common-rail injection system.
The SUV is also equipped with a C-EGR system, central direct injection, independent liquid cooling of the intake air, throttle body, and turbo to enable high levels of performance and reduce fuel consumption. Diamond-like coating (DLC) is also used on the floating piston pins to minimise friction. The ignition system’s high-energy ignition coil further enhances fuel efficiency while the iridium and platinum-encrusted precious metal spark plugs promise endurance.
Technology & Comfort
The fifth-generation Grand Cherokee has 8 -way adjustable front seats that have power lumbar and memory, and heated/vented seats are available in the first row, with three-level configurable controls. The centre console layout can hold a wireless device and a wireless charger.
The fifth-generation Grand Cherokee was conceptualised and designed in view of practicality and ease of accessibility for the driver. To ensure that, the SUV boasts the maximum number of technological features in the history of the Grand Cherokee nameplate.
- Uconnect 5: the most advanced Uconnect system ever, it offers includes one 10.1-inch (25.6- cm) touch screen radio and two 10.25-inch (26-cm) digital instrument panel display in the cabin and an intuitive user experience
- The segment-exclusive front passenger screen offers co-pilot assistance with navigation, surround-view camera, and visual entertainment
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Digital rear-view mirror
- Full-colour, 10-inch (25.4 cm) windshield head-up display (HUD)
- Wireless charging pad in front centre console
- Top-notch connectivity with ability to pair two Bluetooth-enabled phones simultaneously
- Amazon Alexa virtual assistant
- My Uconnect mobile app
- TomTom navigation with predictive search, natural speech, and live traffic updates
- Over-the-air map updates
Advanced Driving Assistance System (ADAS)
The fifth-generation Grand Cherokee is offered with an Advanced Driving Assistance System (ADAS) with features like Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning, Pedestrian Emergency Braking, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go, Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection, Passive Pedestrian Protection, Drowsy Driver Detection, Active Lane Management System, and Intersection Collision Assist System.
The all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee’s advanced architecture is rounded off by aerodynamic bodywork and remarkable design which includes the iconic seven-slot grille and the long-range radar. The lowered-roof and beltline, along with the wide window glass, further add to the SUV’s aerodynamic performance and that too without affecting the cabin space. The elongated, level-set hood and bold headfirst stance lend the SUV a mighty powerful road presence.
Besides the modern technologies and top-notch engineering, the superior SUV also impresses with its extensive list of features, which includes 20-inch dual tone alloy wheels, Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof, LED Tail Lamps, LED Reflector Headlights, LED Fog Lamps, etc.
Legendary Jeep Cherokee Capability
The Jeep Grand Cherokee delivers unrivalled capability along with composed on-road driving dynamics. That legendary off-road capability begins courtesy of its 4x4 – Quadra-Trac system. The system is equipped with an active transfer case to improve traction by moving torque to work with the wheel with the most grip. The Selec-Terrain system offers four available terrain modes (Auto, Sport, Snow, Mud/Sand) to provide optimized calibrations for any given driving scenario. Front-axle disconnect automatically places the Grand Cherokee in two-wheel drive, if the vehicle senses that road conditions do not require all-wheel drive. This reduces drag on the driveline and improves fuel economy. Four-wheel drive automatically re-engages when the vehicle senses it is needed.
Advanced Safety Features
The all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee gets several cutting-edge security provisions along with a plethora of technological innovations to enhance the connection between the driver, vehicle, and the road. The SUV’s list of technologically advanced safety features includes:
- Full-Speed Collision Warning with Active Braking and Pedestrian/Cyclist Detection
- Rear Cross Path detection
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go
- Active Lane Management
- LaneSense Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist
- Advanced Brake Assist
- Blind-spot Monitoring
- ParkView rear back-up camera
- ParkSense rear park assist sensors with stop
- Switch-activated electric park brake
- Tire-pressure monitoring
- Intersection Collision Assist
- Drowsy Driver Detection system
- 360-degree surround view camera system with front and rear washers
The all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee features Capri leather seats with perforated inserts, pure leather- wrapped instrument panel, second row window shades, and LED ambient lighting system with a five- colour selection system. The centre stack and console have been aligned to offer plenty of space and ease of accessibility for the driver. The front passenger seats also get electric eight-way adjustment, power lumbar, memory, and heated/vented options.